management-issues has a good post on what behavior can damage trust when working in a team environment.
- You fail to keep your promises, agreements and commitments.
- You serve your self first and others only when it is convenient.
- You micromanage and resist delegating.
- You demonstrate an inconsistency between what you say and how you behave.
- You fail to share critical information with your colleagues.
- You choose to not tell the truth.
- You resort to blaming and scapegoating others rather than own your mistakes.
- You judge, and criticize rather than offer constructive feedback.
- You betray confidences, gossip and talk about others behind their backs.
- You choose to not allow others to contribute or make decisions.
Read the whole blog entry here Does your behavior damage trust?